This is a quick list of some of the places I’ve been.
As I collect and re-collect my travel stories, I’ll link to the individual blog entries about specific places and events from this page.
In the meantime, you can check out my travel map on Trip Advisor.
- July – Camping at Big Twin Lake near Winthrop, Washington
- September – Camped for a week at McDonald Creek Provincial Park near Nakusp, B.C.
- November – 2nd season of Snowbirding begins. Spent most of the month in Oregon.
- January – My first trip to Hawaii (Kauai & the Big Island). Did a submarine tour in Kona.
- May / June – Road / 10,262.2 kilometer road trip from Penticton to Toronto and back. Jasper swam 5 great lakes on this trip.
- July – Camping at Pearrygin Lake in Washington State
- August – Camping in the Chilcotin where we met up with wildfires and took a flight over Tweedsmuir Provincial Park.
- September – Business trip to Boise, Idaho followed by a trip out to the Oregon Coast.
- November – Visited relatives in Holland and then went to Dubai for a conference.
- December – Began our first snowbirding trip.
- January – Spent 2 days in Vancouver airport.
- February – Tripped around Washington, D.C.
- April – Bought a new T@B RV and took it out to the Columbia Gorge and the Oregon Coast.
- May – Camped at Pearrygin Lake and went horseback riding up at Sun Mountain Lodge.
- June – Camped at Haynes Point Provincial Park and took Vic the cat kayaking.
- August – Headed north to Alaska… again.
- August – Washington, Oregon, California Roadtrip
- February – A month in Baja, Mexico. Be careful about whom you choose as a travel companion.
- June – Drive across Canada when Ed moves from Toronto to Penticton.
- July – Roadtrip around the state of Washington with stops in Leavenworth, Roslyn, Mt. St. Helen’s, Mt. Rainier, Seattle, Winthrop and the Boeing Plant.
- September – Las Vegas, SFO and Carmel
- March – A day on the RiverWalk in San Antonio, Texas
- April – A walking tour of Washington, D.C. Ros discovers the pleasure of really good walking boots.
- May – Walking and boat tours of Chicago included Frank Lloyd Wright’s home, Navy Pier, the Hancock and Rigley buildings, Sears Tower, the Golden Mile and Tiffany’s.
- October – China including Beijing, Shanghai, Guilin, the Li River, Hong Kong, the Yangtze River and the Great Wall.
- May – Peru and Equador including the Galapagos.
- September – Southern Alberta roadtrip. Drumheller, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Waterton Lakes National Park and spending 9/11 on the road.
- January – Ros and Shelley visit the Dominican Republic.
- May – We drive from Calgary-Toronto via the U.S and see Custer’s last stand, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood and Devils Tower.
- July – Biking from the floral clock down to Niagara Falls.
- August – Hanging out on Lake St. Joseph, Ontario. Oh! The peace and serenity of it all.
- April – Ed’s 50th Birthday in Vegas included 2 Cirque du Soleil shows (O and Mystere), Sigfried and Roy, Bryce Canyon and Zion, and his first experience with 1st Class
- July – Roadtrip to Vermont, New Hanpshire & Maine from Toronto with stops in South Hero, Mt. Washington, Kennebunkport, and Portland.
- Walking in and helicopter touring over the Grand Canyon.
- August – Drove the Alaska Highway from Prince George, BC to Haines, Alaska. Whitehorse, Haines Junction, Kathleen Lake, Haines Alaska and Skagway.
- August – Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Roadtrip. Mammoth hot springs, driving the Going to the Sun Road, Lewis and Clark Caverns, and Yellowstone just after the fire.
- September – Whale-watching and big-tree hugging on Vancouver Island from Victoria out to Tofino and back.
- Driving the Canadian Rockies. Hiking the Plain of Six Glaciers at Lake Louise, Mt. Edith Cavell in Jasper, and exploring Banff.
- A month-long adventure in Europe. Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland.
- Spain & Morrocco
- May – My first road trip with Ed – Toronto – Washington, D.C.
- Ros’ first trip ever… to Holland. Travel back in those days wasn’t so easy.
Things to see and do around Ontario and British Columbia, Canada including Elora, Oakville, Ottawa, Canadian National, Exhibition Algonquin Park, Toronto waterfront, Tobermory, biking at Niagara Falls, Timmins, Point Pelee. Fishing in the Kootenays, golfing in the Kootenays and the Okanagan.