Ed tells me that he likes his new TomTom much better than the old one because it has the following features:
- Large 4.3″ touchscreen much better than 3″ screen
- Display shows direction of travel, name of street for next turn, direction of and distance to next turn, distance and estimated time to destination.
- Voice announcement of turns adjusts for the speed being traveled. Example at 100 km it announces a turn more than 800 meters in advance and then again as you get closer.
- Easy to use right out of the box. I set it up and entered a destination without referring to the instructions. Route planning can be for driving cycling or walking. Gives you the option of avoiding toll roads.
- Millions of points of interest are programmed and accessible by near you, along route, in city or near destination. For Pentiction most restaurants, and hotels are listed. Police and fire stations, hospitals and drug stores.
- Help me feature gives chose of phone for help, walk or drive. Lists car services, hospitals, fire stations police stations and pharmacies. It will plan a route to the chosen destination and provide the phone number.
- When linked to a Bluetooth enabled phone you can receive traffic and weather reports.