This is a list of some of the places in which I’ve lived and to which I’ve traveled.
As I collect and recollect my travel stories, I’ll link to the individual blog entries about specific places and events from this page.
- Ros’ first trip ever… to Holland. Travel back in those days wasn’t so easy.
- Went back to Holland with my Mom.
- Traveled to Holland on my own to visit my cousins. I was 13.
- Traveled to Holland, Spain and Morocco with my Mom. Got kidnapped in Morocco.
- Traveled to Jamaica with my Mom.
- May – My first road trip with Ed from Toronto to Washington, D.C.
- October – Moved to London, Ontario.
- Visited Spain & Morrocco with Ed.
- Moved to Timmins, Ontario.
- Month-long adventure in Europe with Ed. Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland.
- Traveled to Holland with my Mom.
- May – Moved to Ottawa, Ontario.
- October – Moved to Vancouver, British Columbia.
- January – Moved to Castlegar, British Columbia.
- October – Moved to Penticton, British Columbia.
- Drove the Canadian Rockies. Hiked the Plain of Six Glaciers at Lake Louise, Mt. Edith Cavell in Jasper, and explored Banff.
- August – Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Roadtrip. Mammoth hot springs, driving the Going to the Sun Road, Lewis and Clark Caverns, and Yellowstone just after the fire.
- September – Whale-watching and big-tree hugging on Vancouver Island from Victoria out to Tofino and back.
- April – Moved to Prince George, British Columbia.
- August – Drove the Alaska Highway from Prince George, BC to Haines, Alaska. Whitehorse, Haines Junction, Kathleen Lake, Haines Alaska and Skagway.
- December – Moved to Cochrane, Alberta.
- May – Peru and Equador including the Galapagos.
- September – Southern Alberta roadtrip. Drumheller, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Waterton Lakes National Park and spending 9/11 on the road.
- April – Ed’s 50th Birthday in Vegas included 2 Cirque du Soleil shows (O and Mystere), Sigfried and Roy, Bryce Canyon and Zion, and his first experience with 1st Class
- July – Roadtrip to Vermont, New Hanpshire & Maine from Toronto with stops in South Hero, Mt. Washington, Kennebunkport, and Portland.
- January – Ros and Shelley visit the Dominican Republic.
- May – We drive from Calgary-Toronto via the U.S and see Custer’s last stand, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood and Devils Tower.
- July – Biking from the floral clock down to Niagara Falls.
- August – Hanging out on Lake St. Joseph, Ontario. Oh! The peace and serenity of it all.
- April – Moved to Penticton, British Columbia.
- November – Las Vegas weekend with a girlfriend included a helicopter flight to the Grand Canyon.
- March – Spent an afternoon on the RiverWalk in San Antonio, Texas
- April – During a walking tour of Washington, D.C. Ros discovers the pleasure of really good walking boots.
- May – Walking and boat tours of Chicago included Frank Lloyd Wright’s home, Navy Pier, the Hancock and Rigley buildings, Sears Tower, the Golden Mile and Tiffany’s.
- October – China including Beijing, Shanghai, Guilin, the Li River, Hong Kong, the Yangtze River and the Great Wall.
- February – Spent the month on the East Cape of the Baja, Mexico.
- June – Drove with Ed across Canada when he moved from Toronto to Penticton.
- July – Roadtrip around the state of Washington with stops in Leavenworth, Roslyn, Mt. St. Helen’s, Mt. Rainier, Seattle, Winthrop and the Boeing Plant.
- September – Las Vegas, SFO and Carmel.
- February – Skiing at Sun Peaks near Kamloops, British Columbia.
- August – Washington, Oregon, and California Roadtrip
- January – Spent 2 days in Vancouver airport.
- February – Tripped around Washington, D.C.
- April – Bought a new T@B RV and took it out to the Columbia Gorge and the Oregon Coast.
- May – Camped at Pearrygin Lake and went horseback riding up at Sun Mountain Lodge.
- June – Camped at Haynes Point Provincial Park and took Vic the cat kayaking.
- August – Headed north to Alaska… again.
- January – My first trip to Hawaii (Kauai & the Big Island). Did a submarine tour in Kona.
- May / June – Road / 10,262.2 kilometer road trip from Penticton to Toronto and back. Jasper swam 5 great lakes on this trip.
- July – Camping at Pearrygin Lake in Washington State
- August – Camping in the Chilcotin where we met up with wildfires and took a flight over Tweedsmuir Provincial Park.
- September – Business trip to Boise, Idaho followed by a trip out to the Oregon Coast.
- November – Visited relatives in Holland and then went to Dubai for a conference.
- December – Began our first snowbirding trip.
- July – Camping at Big Twin Lake and Early Winters campground, both near Winthrop, Washington
- August – Camped for a week at McDonald Creek Provincial Park near Nakusp, B.C.
- November – 2nd season of Snowbirding begins. Leavenworth (WA), Fort Stevens, Cape Lookout SP (OR)., Newport (OR), Eugene (OR).
- January – Kartchner Caverns SP (AZ), Patagonia Lake SP (AZ) and Catalina SP (AZ).
- February – Kartchner Caverns SP (AZ), Patagonia Lake SP (AZ) and Catalina SP (AZ).
- March – Catalina, McDowell, Roosevelt Lake, Monument Valley, Moab (UT), Antelope Island (UT), Twin Falls (ID), Baker City, Umatilla (OR) and Steamboat Rock State Park (WA).
- May – Two weeks to visit my mom in Toronto.
- July – Week at Big Twin Lakes campground in Winthrop, Washington.
- June – Camping in Spokane, Bridgeport and Oroville, Washington.
- September – Week at Big Twin Lakes campground in Winthrop, Washington.
- November – Headed south for the winter via, Spokane (WA), Missoula (MT), Casper (WY), Terry Bison Ranch in Cheyenne (WY), Strasburg, Cherry Hill State Park in Denver (CO), Trinidad Lake State Park (CO), Santa Fe (NM), Tucumcari (NM), Palo Duro State Park (TX), Vernon (TX), Dallas (TX), Tyler State Park (TX), Lafayette (LA).
- December – New Orlean (LA), Hattiesburg (MS), Pensacola (FL), Biloxi (MS), Houston (TX), Mustang Island State Park (TX), Lake Casa Blanca in Laredo (TX)
- January to mid-April – Returned from snowbirding in the U.S. via Las Vegas and the Oregon Coast (Cape Lookout State Park).
- May – Headed out to Toronto via Spokane, Butte (MT), Yellowstone (WY), Brimley State Park (MI) and stayed at Indian Line campground outside of Toronto.
- June – Headed back to BC via North Higgins Lake SP (MI), Brimley SP (MI), Van Riper SP (MI), Amnicon Fall SP (WI), Lake Bemidji SP (MN), Devils Lake SP (ND), Lewis and Clark SP (ND), Miles City (MT), Livingston (MT), Missoula (MT) and Spokane (WA).
- September – 10 days in Toronto to visit my Mom.
- October – South for the winter via Leavenworth, Cape Lookout State Park, Klamath Falls, Reno, Tonopah, and Las Vegas
- November – Lake Havasu, Lake Pleasant SP, Cave Creek, and McDowell Mountain Regional Park.
- December – Catalina State Park, Lost Dutchman State Park and McDowell Mountain Regional Park.
- January – McDowell, Catalina and Usery parks.
- February – McDowell and Catalina parks.
- March – McDowell, Kartchner, Catalina, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Havasu.
- April – Return from winter south of the border via Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire, Bandon and the Oregon Coast (Cape Lookout State Park).
- May – Week in Toronto to visit my Mom.
- June – Week in Alberta to pick up our latest RV, the Open Range.
- September – 10 days in Toronto to visit my Mom.
- November – 2 weeks in Toronto to visit my Mom.
- March – Trip to San Francisco for Affiliate Days conference.
- May – Moved out of our Penticton house into our RV.
- September – Trip to Toronto to visit my Mom.
- November through December – South in Arizona for the winter.
- January through March – Spent mostly in Arizona
- March through June – Lived in our RV at the Desert Gem in Oliver until our house was ready for occupancy. After more than a year in the RV, there were a number of things I wasn’t going to miss about the RV lifestyle.
- April – Visit with my Mom in Toronto.
- August – 10 Days in Toronto for my mom’s funeral.
- September – Trip to Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop Washington with my cousins, Gerrit and Truus
- April – Trip to Sandpoint and Coeur D’Alene, Idaho
- July – Canada Day in Osoyoos, BC.
- August – Vancouver Island to visit friends.
- September – Drove to Calgary and Banff, Alberta, where I bought an Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- November – Head south for the winter.
- January – New Years in Arizona at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, then Catalina State Park for the rest of the month.
- April – Calgary to pick up the new Alfa Romeo Stelvio.
- May – Vancouver for a Stelvio recall and then 2 nights at Harrison Hot Springs.
Things to see and do around Ontario and British Columbia, Canada including Elora, Oakville, Ottawa, Canadian National Exhibition, Algonquin Park, Toronto waterfront, Tobermory, biking at Niagara Falls, Timmins, Point Pelee. Fishing in the Kootenays, golfing in the Kootenays and the Okanagan.