As a new Rosalind Gardner’s Academy member with an existing site – which she admits isn’t earning as much as she would like – Evelyn graciously agreed to submit her blog for a review.
When I do a review, I always view it from a first-time visitor’s perspective and during the 20 minutes we spent talking, we primarily looked at Evelyn’s homepage to see what improvements could be made to capture visitors’ attention and spark their interest enough to draw them deeper into the site.
Areas of note included:
- Site objective
- Placement of elements / pages in horizontal navigation (top and bottom)
- Improvements to both the title and tag line
- Placement of advertising (text and graphic)
- Placement of opt-in boxes
- Use of theme, particularly colors and their effects.
We will be doing a follow-up with Evelyn, both to see the changes she made based on my recommendations and also to look at her site content in detail.
I hope this review helps you improve your own site!
If you cannot see the video below, please login or join Rosalind Gardner’s Academy.