Also hard to believe.
Had the relatives from Holland staying here for 5 days. (If you’re not Dutch, you have to realize that Dutch-clean is a saying because it’s true… they arrive with special sets of white gloves. 🙂 )
OK, granted, we went completely f’n nuts cleaning, renovating and landscaping for 2 months prior to their arrival and I could have killed Daan when he said ‘that needs painting’ (referring to the chimney base visible from the kitchen skylight, on the 1st day.
But other than that, their visit was simply fabulous – a REAL vacation not only for them but for us. Here are a few of the things we did during their stay:
- Hiked up to Munson Mountain
- Drove up the Naramata Road
- Visited the Red Rooster and Elephant Island wineries
- Walked around Naramata
- Did a dinner cruise on the Casabella Princess
- Breakfast at the Elite Restaurant (circa 1927)
- Saturday morning farmers market
- Hike to the Little Tunnel on the KVR from Smethurst Road
- Played golf at Sumac Ridge
- Visited the Sumac Ridge winery
- Daan and Ed went target shooting at the range
- Walked along the south Okanagan Lake boardwalk and Kiwanis pier
- Visited the Japanese garden
- Circle tour of Skaha Lake
- Did the Vaseux Lake Boardwalk
- Did some hot-tubbing (or tubeing as Gerrie would say)
- Did some swimming
- Played pool
- Played with Jasper (lots) and laughed even more
- Took Jasper to the doggy beach in Okanagan Falls
- Visited the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory
- Stopped by Twin Lakes golf course for a drink
- Gambled at the Lakeside Casino
- Watched Gerrit and Daan fix my sagging back door. 🙂
and last but not least, had a real Canadian evening watching Game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Awesome, AWESOME vacation!!!
See the pictures on Flickr here.