There’s a new game in town and it’s called blog tagging.
The person tagged has to tell 5 things about themselves that the blogging community didn’t know. Then they have to tag five more friends with blogs to do the same. It’s like a blog chain letter, but ultimately more fun and really gets those links going.
I was tagged by Jeremy Palmer, who was tagged by Scott Jangro, who was tagged by Shawn Collins, and so on and so forth.
Here’s my list:
- At the age of 13, I spent the first half of my summer holidays selling flowers from buckets on the sidewalk in front of the Wellesly Street subway in Toronto, from 9 to 5 on weekdays and Saturdays. I earned enough during the first half of the summer to buy an airline ticket to Holland where I spent the rest of the school vacation hanging out with my cousins, sans parents.
- At 14, I was ‘kidnapped’ by a gang of young boys while on a walking tour of Tangier, Morocco with my mother. They so captivated my attention that I didn’t even realize that the group had left the area without me. Neither did my mother apparently, as when we reunited at the bus about an hour later, nary an eyebrow was raised or a comment uttered. In the meantime, I had visited two of the boys homes and their parents’ shops, traded my running shoes for a pair of beaded slippers, smoked a cigarette and accumulated an armful of silver bracelets.
- My favorite game is Scrabble and my average score is 300.
- Somewhere at the bottom of one of the drawers in my office there are a few letters of commendation for having saved some lives while I worked as an air traffic controller. Funny how they noticed only those few times. 🙂 Then again, that WAS my job.
- Oh, and I AM naturally blonde. 🙂
OK, Yanik Silver, Anik Singal, Colin McDougall, Jim Edwards and Jeff Mulligan – you’re all IT!