No doubt your thoughts and prayers have been with the people of Haiti since the devastating earthquake there on January 12th.
Stick with the prayers to be sure, but I hope you’ll direct your thoughts towards helping in a material way. Charitable organizations need money to help the Haitian people now.
Personally, I’m a big fan of the Red Cross. Here are 5 ways to donate to the Red Cross.
- You can make a donation by calling 1-800-REDCROSS.
- You can make a $10 donation by texting “Haiti” to 90999. this is an effort backed by the U.S. State Department. Funds will go to support American Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti. $800,000+ has already been raised in this manner.
- You can set up monthly donation withdrawals (as I did years ago) through your credit card. (Call 1-800-REDCROSS.)
- Make a purchase through the Red Cross Store, i.e. get an emergency preparedness kit.
- Or, buy the Super Affiliate Handbookon January 15th. I will match and then donate all proceeds from those sales to the Red Cross.
If you prefer other options, MSNBC has posted an extensive list of charitable organizations active in Haiti.
Remember, no effort is too small.
Leave a Reply