Ed tells me that he likes his new TomTom much better than the old one because it has the following features:
- Large 4.3″ touchscreen much better than 3″ screen
- Display shows direction of travel, name of street for next turn, direction of and distance to next turn, distance and estimated time to destination.
- Voice announcement of turns adjusts for the speed being traveled. Example at 100 km it announces a turn more than 800 meters in advance and then again as you get closer.
- Easy to use right out of the box. I set it up and entered a destination without referring to the instructions. Route planning can be for driving cycling or walking. Gives you the option of avoiding toll roads.
- Millions of points of interest are programmed and accessible by near you, along route, in city or near destination. For Pentiction most restaurants, and hotels are listed. Police and fire stations, hospitals and drug stores.
- Help me feature gives chose of phone for help, walk or drive. Lists car services, hospitals, fire stations police stations and pharmacies. It will plan a route to the chosen destination and provide the phone number.
- When linked to a Bluetooth enabled phone you can receive traffic and weather reports.
Michael Rytter says
Merry Christmas, Rosalind (& Ed and everyone else who may be there)!
Ed’s new Tom Tom sounds good! I’m not allowed to get one yet….I have too many toys…she says the nav on my Blackberry is good enough! (Wait until it screws up again like it did in Penticton last summer….We were IN Penticton and it(telus’s Blackberry nav app), said it couldn’t find Penticton! We were soooo lost! She forgets that one, but when it happens again, she’ll change her mind!)
Merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year!
Michael (and Christina and Anna-Marie) Rytter
Rosalind Gardner says
Happy holidays and a great 2010 to you and yours also.
I personally dislike the Tom Tom actually. Think it’s stupid. Takes you over hill and dale when simple commonsense and a good map saves time and gas. But that’s me. Ed has NO sense of direction, so he needs it.
And next time you come to Penticton, let me know!!
Rosalind I agree with you, it is just an unecessary toy,…. However my husband agrees with you Michael he can not wait to get one.
Happy New Year 2010!
Rosalind Gardner says
Too funny, Donna.
Proof positive that the ‘weaker sex’ have better directional sense than the guys. No surprise to us, however. 🙂
My biggest problem is keeping my mouth shut when Ed turns it on for direction and I know it’s taking him the longest way around. Like, duh, why don’t guys actually put their brains in gear and think about where they’re going. Going south to head north makes no sense to me.
Happy New Year to you too!