Jennifer, a friend of mine who works in the Yukon, just sent me this job posting she found for a company located in the south-east portion of the Yukon Territory, Canada.
This position reports to the Environmental Scientist/Specialist. The focus of this role will include:
- Monitor camp and project area for bear activity
- Accompany team members for remote field activities
- Monitor bear activity for the season to reduce risk of encounters
- Assist in bear relocation
- Other duties as assigned
- Be physically fit
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Experienced in snowshoeing and ATV/snowmobile operation
- Excellent of the local/regional area
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- HEED course
- Legal owner of own firearm
- Experience with hunting and wildlife tracking
Yup… ONLY in the Yukon you say!!!